Crash alert: 2 pets killed after heating lamp sparks apartment fire in Manchester

MANCHESTER, NH – Two pets were killed, and three people were displaced following an apartment fire in Manchester this morning that likely was started by a heating lamp for a pet snake.

According to the New Hampshire Union Leader, the fire occurred in a second-floor unit at a three-story apartment building on 667 Corning Road at 11:39 a.m.

Authorities believe that a heating lamp for a pet snake likely set nearby combustible materials on fire.

Multiple people required assistance from firefighters in order to escape the blaze.

A pet snake and a cat died in the fire.

No other injuries were reported.

Three people were forced from their residence as a result of the fire, which caused an estimated $45,000 worth of damage.

A compassionate New Hampshire personal injury lawyer is the advocate you need following an accident in the Granite State. Depending on the situation, you may be eligible for your medical bills, damages, and other expenses. Contact the Kenison Law Office today at 603-471-3550 for a free consultation.

Justia Lawyer Rating for John B. Kenison Jr.
Contact Information