Seek Restitution With Help From a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries can alter a victim’s life in profound ways. John B. Kenison, Jr. has defended both large insurance companies and personal injury victims. This unique experience provides him the insight to negotiate for all the damages to which his clients are entitled. Mr. Kenison is a spinal cord injury lawyer with more than 25 years practicing personal injury law in Manchester, NH. He is willing to fight for the compensation you need to make a full recovery. If you or a loved one has suffered a life-altering injury, contact Kenison Law Office today.
What Are Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries are those injuries that damage the backbone. The spinal cord stretches from the neck to the lower back, and an injury to any part of the spinal cord can cause permanent damage. In most circumstances, the body parts impacted most are those beneath the point of injury on the spine.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
There are three types of spinal cord injuries:
- Anterior Cord Syndrome: This type of injury occurs when the blood supply to the anterior section of the spinal cord is cut off, resulting in loss of sensation or movement.
- Central Cord Syndrome: As the most common spinal cord injury, central cord syndrome results when grey matter within the spinal cord sustains damage. This injury causes loss of mobility and sensation in the arms and hands.
- Brown-Séquard Syndrome: If trauma impacts only one side of the spinal cord, it can result in loss of mobility or sensation on that side. Victims may also lose the ability to feel temperature changes and lack sensitivity to pain on the side of the spinal cord that was not affected by the trauma.
Common indicators of a spinal cord injury may include loss of sensation or paralysis in body parts beneath the point of impact as well as loss of motor control in the arms, hands, legs, or feet.
Most Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries. Other common causes include:
- Falls down stairs or from heights
- Assault and other acts of violence
- Sports injuries
In a large majority of cases, the accidents that caused these serious injuries were the fault of another party. Negligent parties can be held liable for the victim’s damages.
Mr. Kenison has practiced personal injury for more than 25 years, and he is willing to fight for the compensation you need to make a full recovery.
Helping Victims Recover Compensation
Spinal cord injury victims can pursue damages with help from a spinal cord injury lawyer. Mr. Kenison can pursue a verdict or settlement to ensure victims get the restitution to which they are entitled. Victims may be eligible for compensation such as:
- Past and future medical expenses, including surgeries, medications, and therapy
- Lost income due to an inability to work
- Pain and suffering
- Home construction to make accommodations for a wheelchair
Schedule Your Free Consultation
At Kenison Law Office, PLLC, we offer spinal cord injury victims a free initial consultation. Victims and their loved ones can meet with Mr. Kenison to review their case and determine their next steps. Call our office at 603-471-3550 or contact us online today to schedule a consultation.